Press Release


Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz announced that Eric Foster is charged with murder for a shooting in Jamaica that killed one man and seriously injured three others, two of whom were left paralyzed.

District Attorney Katz said: “A cold-blooded shooting in broad daylight on a residential street cost a man his life and left three others seriously injured. We must continue fighting this plague of gun violence by doing everything we can to get illegal guns and the criminals who use them off our streets.”

Foster, 39, of 146th Street, in Jamaica, was arraigned today on an eight-count indictment charging him with murder in the second degree; three counts of attempted murder in the second degree; and two counts each of assault in the first degree and criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree.

He faces 25 years to life in prison if convicted. Queens Supreme Court Justice Ushir Pandit-Durant ordered Foster to return to court on March 12. He was remanded into custody.

Foster was arraigned earlier this week on another indictment that charged him with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the first degree; two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree; eight counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree; two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the fourth degree; 22 counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree; and four counts of criminal possession of a firearm.

According to the charges in the murder case:

  • Video surveillance footage shows that on December 22, 2023, at approximately 3:11 p.m., Foster got into a white Volkswagen Jetta in the driveway of his house that he later parked about a half-mile away on 142nd Place.
  • Foster—wearing a dark-colored jacket, face covering, sweatshirt, and red sneakers—walked one and half blocks to 117-29 143rd Street and encountered 29-year-old Kenni Dunn and three other men standing near a 2019 Jeep Cherokee.
  • Foster walked past the men, reached into his jacket, pulled out a gun, turned around and fired at Dunn and the others. After shooting the victims, Foster returned to 142nd Place and left in the Jetta.
  • Video footage shows Foster returning home at approximately 3:20 p.m. and parking the Jetta in the driveway.
  • Foster later exited the residence carrying a white garbage bag and got into a white SUV. Video footage shows the garbage bag being discarded from the SUV on the side of a road in Brooklyn. It contained a dark-colored jacket, face covering and sweatshirt.
  • The next day, December 23, a court-authorized search warrant was executed at Foster’s home. In the bedroom, police found three shotguns, two semiautomatic rifles, one bolt-action rifle and ammunition. Plastic bags containing what appeared to be cocaine and glassine envelopes with what appeared to be heroin were also found. Additionally, a pair of red sneakers were found.
  • The four shooting victims were taken to a local hospital. Dunn, who had been shot in the right rear torso, was pronounced dead. A second victim, a 36-year-old man shot in the upper back, remains partially paralyzed. A 43-year-old who sustained a gunshot to his rear torso that severed his spinal cord is paralyzed from the chest down. The other victim was a 29-year-old man who was shot in the arm.

Assistant District Attorneys Nicole Rella and Alison Miller of the District Attorney’s Homicide Bureau are prosecuting the case under the supervision of Assistant District Attorneys John W. Kosinski, Bureau Chief, and Karen Ross, Deputy Bureau Chief, and under the overall supervision of Executive Assistant District Attorney for Major Crimes Shawn Clark.


**Criminal complaints and indictments are accusations. A defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Posted in