QUEENS DISTRICT ATTORNEY MELINDA KATZ HOSTS LUNAR NEW YEAR VIRTUAL EVENT
Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz is sponsoring a Lunar New Year virtual event this Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 5 p.m. via Zoom. The District Attorney will honor several community leaders and the livestreamed event will also feature live cultural performances. Lunar New Year 2021- the Year of the Ox -will be celebrated around the world and in the borough of Queens.
District Attorney Katz said, “We look forward to acknowledging the hard work that our honorees contribute to ensuring that Queens is a just and safe community for all. This Lunar New Year is especially important for us all to stand in solidarity with our Asian communities.”
The honorees include:
- Hugh H. Mo, Esq. Chairman of the Asian American Police Executives Council
- Korean Community Services of Metropolitan New York, Inc.
- Garden of Hope, Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking Victims service providers
- New York Hung Sing Kwoon Martial Arts School
- Yana Ballet School
- Korean Drum Dance by KCS
- NY Wu Tang Chinese Martial Arts Institute
The event begins at 5 p.m. via Zoom and all are invited to attend. To RSVP, please click here. The virtual event will also be livestreamed on the Queens District Attorney’s Facebook page here.