Frequently Asked Questions


How can I report Child Abuse or neglect?


If it is an emergency, dial 911 immediately.

You can report suspected child abuse or neglect to the New York State Central Registry Hotline
at 1-800-342-3720.

Certain persons are required by law to report instances of child abuse and neglect that come to their attention. Teachers, doctors, nurses, lawyers, social workers, guidance counselors, and Police Officers are required to report these instances at phone number 1-800-635-1522.

For a complete listing of mandated reporters, please see the New York State Social Services Law, Section 413.

For information about the Queens Child Advocacy Center: Please Click Here
















City Seal

Copyright 2018 Queens District Attorney's Office